The script makes it possible to compare the parameters of two or more paragraph styles. The report is formed in a new document (automatically generated) in the form of a table. The parameters that differ are highlighted.
A Script Option: it is possible to search in a document for the text, to which selected styles were applied, and include the information about the pages the styles were found on in the report.
The script can be useful for putting the styles list in order.
Update to the version 2.0 from 16.03.2015
The algorithm for the compilation of the styles data has been completely redesigned. Now, the user receives the most complete information about the styles, regardless of the version of the program used (from CS3). The script code size itself has decreased several times.
Update to the version 3.0 from 22.12.2020
1. Now, the script will allow you to compare the properties of styles of any type (paragraph, character, object, table styles). In the start window, you must select the type of styles, and in the next window — the styles themselves. Searching within document pages is available only for text styles (paragraph and character styles).
2. The user interface has been fixed, and now looks and works correctly in the CC versions.
Upgrade to version 3.1 from 29.05.2021
The algorithm of the search for styles in a text has been fixed. The search for character styles did not work. Instead, an attempt was made to search for paragraph styles. Now the script searches for those styles that the user selected (paragraph / character) in the start dialog.
Thanks to the user Tomasz Kuc for his comment on this, and for providing the corrected code.
You can thank here
|Tomasz Kuc (28.05.2021 15:53) E-mail|
That's nice one! I found and corrected one error case: if you checked "Searched on Pages", only paragraph styles are to be found (see line 132:
> app.findTextPreferences. appliedParagraphStyle = mySt;). So, I added condition for checking if the user chose "paragraph" or "character", and the switch for app.findTextPreferences accordingly.
|Tomasz Kuc (28.05.2021 16:27) E-mail|
Some improvements below (there is no need for the main condition with myIfFindP as far as I recognize):
|Eugenyus (29.05.2021 10:32) E-mail|
Tomasz Kuc, thank you very much for providing the fix. I added it to the script and released an update to version 3.1.
|Jeanette Ashman (09.11.2021 16:37) E-mail|
Hi! I have several documents that use the same paragraph styles. I have all the files in a book so if I change something I can synchronies. But in the heat of the moment I sometimes make changes in one of the documents and forgets to synchronize. So... I am looking for a script where I can compare paragraph styles from different files (same name on paragraph style) and only see the difference between them. Do you know if there is something like that existing? Kind regards Jeanette
- Common Formatting of Several Tables
- Exact Table Alignment
- Search-replace the Table Stroke Weight
- Split Table Row by Paragraphs
- Search Table Cell Overflows
- Merge Repeating Lines of Index
- Table of Contents Correction: Update Page Numbers Only
- Change Numbers In Text
- Split Text By Paragraphs
- Change Font Size In Styles
- Transliterate style names
- Copy GREP Styles
- Quick Apply Paragraph Style Then Next Style
- Change Language in Styles and in the Text
- Removing Character Styles In the Text (Controlled by User)